Thursday, August 28, 2008

8/28/08

Brit Lit:

I hope that the sound effects and mood music added to our reading of Beowulf. Block A is starting to feel like my soundcheck class- with me trying new things to see if they will work. I will try and be much more polished in the next few weeks. I just looked over your drawings and creature descriptions. Not bad.... But nothing near to the real Grendel that we will meet next week! Play in the sunshine....

Soph Lit:

It surprised me that you all like Holden in chapter 1. Kudos to Michelle for being brave enough to tell the teacher that she did not like the character in her teachers fav book. :-)

Next Friday, you will have your 1st vocab quiz on the ten words that I gave you. If you have time and want to get ahead, please define each of them. Other than that.... think about the diff. levels of mental illness. We will begin to examine Holden and talk about some of bad choices that he is starting to make.

General Note:

I would like to thank all of you for making my 1st few days at Tantasqua memorable. It is true what everyone told me: there are great kids at Tantasqua. Thank you for the warm and kind welcome!

No comments: