Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Today: 

We started with journal #11: Imagine that you are a stage designer. In the play, Hamlet, act IV takes place over 7 different locations. Please design a set that would allow all 7 to share a stage. 

Alt: Imagine that you were going to place things into act V that would allow for a sequel. What would you add without changing the story, but also making it interesting? 

I gave you a quiz on act IV. 

We watched one of the Hamlet projects. 

Great job to that group! I tried to explain that Shakespeare often leaves a bit of comedy after a real heavy scenes to lighten the play. We see this in Act V, with the gravedigger scenes.

 I used a drum roll to try and show the funny lines. I believe it needs the physical humor to still be funny today. Plus I hate clowns. 

Did you also notice a relaxed Hamlet at the start of act V? Is Hamlet crazy, faking crazy, or himself in this scene? 

HW: Please read act V. Please be ready to talk about the ending in detail and avoid a quiz. 

Future, long range: Test on Thursday-Friday depending on the storm. Be ready for one on Thursday. I will give you a review sheet Wed.

No comments: